1. What is Green Lithium and what does the ‘green’ mean?
2. Does Green Lithium face similar challenges to Britishvolt?
3. Is this development affected by the recent gigafactory refusal?
4. Will the refinery create pollution and hazardous waste within our area?
- Air quality
- Sensitive habitats and ecology
- Noise and vibration
- Visual impact
- Odour, dust and pollution
- Cultural heritage
- Waste generation
-Carbon and greenhouse gases
The assessments are ongoing. However, if any results of the assessment demonstrate that we will have a negative impact on the surrounding areas, we will not receive the required planning consent from Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council. All the assessments and their respective results will be posted on our webpage once available.
5. How will the local community benefit from this project?
6. Where will the refinery be located and will it be visible from local towns?
7. Why did you choose Teesside?
8. What is the global demand for lithium production?
9. What is the timescale of the development?
10. How do I find out more about employment opportunities?